- Nibley Park School Compact
- Emergency Preparedness
- Schools Fees
- Outdoor Recess Policy
- Student delivery and pickup
- School Parking
Nibley Park School (K-8)
Parent-School Compact 2022-2023
Nibley Park School (K-8), in conjunction with parents and students, have developed this compact to improve academic achievement and promote student success.
Nibley Park School (K-8) faculty and staff will provide quality instruction in an effective learning environment by:
• Providing quality engaging curriculum and instruction on academic standards in a supportive learning environment,
• Sending progress reports at the end of each quarter,
o Term 1: Ends 11.4, report cards will be ready after 11.9.
o Term 2: Ends 1.27, report cards will be ready by 2.1.
o Term 3: Ends 4.7, reports will be posted in Parent Portal by 4.13.
o Term 4: Ends 6.9, report cards will be ready by 6.9.
• Providing reasonable access to faculty and engaging in meaningful communication by written notes, email, or phone, school website, and Power School,
• Providing timely and meaningful feedback on assignments and homework,
• Communicating with parents during SEP Conferences,
Ø August 25, 2022 - Back-To-School Night and Parent Meeting
Ø October 4, 2022 - SEP Conference
Ø October 6, 2022 – SEP Conference
Ø February 7, 2023 – SEP Conference
Ø February 9, 2023 – SEP Conference
• Providing opportunities and guidelines for parents to review assessment data, participate in decision making, ask questions, observe, and volunteer.
· Our School Community Council meets the fourth Thursday of each month. Any changes are included in the weekly mail that is sent home to parents.
· Parent Teacher (PTO) meetings will be scheduled. The goal is to alternate morning and evening meetings.
· Grandparents’ Day will be scheduled.
· Each grade level will have student presentations for parents at least once per year.
· An end of the year bar-b-que and Student Talent Show will be held at the end of the school year.
· Additional meetings and opportunities for parents to visit our school will be available on our school calendar.
As the parents of a student at Nibley Park School (K-8), we will be supportive of their learning by:
• Ensuring consistent and punctual school attendance,
• Communicating with teachers and attending SEP conferences,
• Establishing, reviewing, and supporting the academic goals of my student,
• Participating in activities, committees, or volunteering when possible, and
• Establishing a place free of distractions and time to assist my student with homework
As a student of Nibley Park School (K-8), I will take responsibility for my academic success by:
• Arriving on time and ready to learn,
• Listening, participating, and requesting assistance when needed,
• Respecting myself, other students, adults, and their property,
• Taking all communication home, completing, and returning all homework, and
• Having a positive attitude and growth mindset.
Please review this document with your student, and then sign and return this page to the school. This document, along with other important Title One documentation is also posted on our school’s website.
Teacher Signature __________________________________________ Date ______________________
Parent Signature __________________________________________ Date ____________________
Student Signature __________________________________________ Date ______________________
The Utah Constitution prohibits the charging of fees in Utah elementary schools. This means students at Nibley Park from grade K-6 cannot be charged for textbooks, classroom equipment or supplies, musical instruments, field trips, assemblies, snacks (other than food provided through the School Lunch Program or for anything else that takes place or is used during the regular school day. If you wish to purchase school pictures, yearbooks or similar items through the school those costs are not fees and will not be waived. Also, if you student loses or damages school property including library books, computer equipment, etc. the costs of replacement or repair are NOT fees and will not be waived.
Students that are in our 7th and 8th grade have a flat fee of $30.00.
PICKING UP AND DROPPING OFF STUDENTS
Nibley Park (K-8) is a proud “Top Walking and Biking School” with a two mile maximum school boundary with no school bus service.
As more students are being driven to school in the colder months, we want to make sure that all of our students are arriving safely at school and our drop-off and pick up procedures are being followed.The school was designed without a drop-off lane. The west parking lot is close enough for students to walk to and from cars.
PLEASE drop off and pick up from the west side parking lot. The RIGHT Lane in the round-about is a FIRE LANE. The driver may not exit the vehicle at any time. The left lane is a THROUGH LANE. Students may not exit the vehicle from the left side lane at any time. Crossing guards are stationed there with “Safety Patrol” students to help your child walk the short distance on the sidewalk to the school. We are also asking parents to not leave their cars idling or park, and do not leave cars during the rush hour before and/or after school. Thank you for your support and maintaining safety at our school.
Nibley Park has two places to park. One is on the east side of the building, and where teachers usually park. The other is the west side parking lot in the front of the building. There are a few parking spots near the building between the fire lane. This parking area is for quick visits to the school, and not for long term parking. Please do NOT park in the fire lane on the right hand side, nor the left side the passing lane. These lanes are for the purpose of emergency vehicles. You will be asked to remove your vehicle if you park in these lanes.