Information from Mrs. Battle for the week of Sept. 18-Sept. 22
Greetings from Nibley Park School (K-8)
A place where we want all student to soar high and be the best that they can be.
- Daily our goal is to strive for excellence and be the Best That We Can Be!
- Bus Passes – Bus passes were sent home with students last Friday. If your child was not registered to get a pass, please contact Ms. Reed, our Administrative Secretary, at email@example.com. You may also contact Ms. Reed if you want a parent/guardian pass. Information is included in this newsletter if you would like to receive a parent/guardian bus pass. Please refer to the following website for frequently asked questions. Salt Lake City School District Transit Pass (rideuta.com)
- Parent Teacher Conferences – Teachers are scheduling conferences for this term. Designated dates are September 27th and 28th from 3:15 – 7:15 each day. We look forward to seeing you and would love to have one hundred per cent participation. It is most important for you to participate in your children’s educational experience.
- Attendance: It is most important for students to be at school so that they can learn, excel, and achieve. We look forward to having all students on time and ready to learn at 8:45 A.M. Our goal is for all students to be proficient and/or have academic growth. My goal is to exceed 91% per cent attendance during this school year. If your student is ill, please contact the main office or send a note to school with your children. Absences will be marked as unexcused if the school is not notified.
- Visitors – Special thanks to parents for stopping in the main office to get a visitor’s pass if you need to visit a classroom or other area of our school between 8:00 A.M. and 3:30 P.M. It is most important for us to know who is in our building. If you need to meet with a teacher, please schedule a time that is best for both of you.
- Parking – Please be respectful, slow down, and do not park in the Red Zone before and after school. This area is reserved for busses and afterschool vans.
Below are upcoming dates for the next month.
September 21, 2023
- SCC (School Community Council) – 4:00 P.M. – Via Zoom
September 22, 2023
- Short Day
September 27, 2023
- Parent Teacher Conference 3:15-7:15 P.M. - TEACHER Scheduled
September 28, 2023
- SCHOOL PICTURES
- Parent Teacher Conference - 3:15-7:15 P.M. - Teacher Scheduled
- Short Day - Thursday
September 29, 2023
- Non-Student Day
PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) and SCC (School Community Council)
If you are interested in participating in either of these organizations, please contact Mrs. Battle at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your voice matters.
As always, we thank you for allowing your children to be members of our learning community. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 801- 481- 4842. Thanks for being a part of our learning community.
Mrs. Battle and Mr. Spotted Elk
Below are the dates/times/locations for the Board-approved Boundaries and Planning AREA INFORMATION MEETINGS (regarding possible closure and boundary changes for elementary schools):
Saturday, October 7
- 9 am – 11 am
- Glendale Middle School
Wednesday, October 18
- 7 pm - 9 pm
- Northwest Middle School
Saturday, October 21
- 9 am - 11 am
- Franklin Elementary School
- This will be a Spanish-only meeting - this date & time were chosen/coordinated by the Westside Coalition along with UNP, the CLC, and the SLCSD
Wednesday, October 25
- 7 pm – 9 pm
- Hillside Middle School